Cayla Gray Co
Retail Store Associate Position
Cayla Gray is growing and we’re hiring a part time Retail store associate!
You’ll get to dabble in all things retail and self-care. You will get to interact with customers, strategize with leadership and implement new retail initiatives to help our brand grow through our retail store location. You will be responsible for helping our customers create the perfect self-care ritual for themselves with both our brand and other local and national luxury brands.
Right now, this is a part time role working about 15-20 hours a week (working Saturday and Sundays plus additional hours if needed) and the applicant must be local to Arizona. We have big goals for this space and this role will have the ability to become a larger part of the company. By being a part of our team, you get behind the scenes access to a startup beauty brand’s operation and will help build and expand the heart of this company.
About Cayla Gray
Cayla Gray is a luxury line of clean personal and home fragrances. We offer 4 core scents as well as quarterly limited-edition products. Our products are unique and tell a story. We turn moments into tangible memories through fragrance. Cayla Gray is an evolving small business that is customer obsessed. Customers are central to everything that we do and everyone on our team shares these values.
About Our Founder
Kelly Kussman is the founder of Cayla Gray Co. Kelly started her career as a buyer for fragrances and fell in love with the way fragrance makes memories tangible and tells a story. After 18 years of leading large teams in corporate retail, she knew it was time to use this experience to start her own company and launched Cayla Gray in 2020. Kelly is a mentor and coach to many other entrepreneurs and corporate employees. This role will be working side by side with Kelly to strategize and grow the marketing side of Cayla Gray.
- To be constantly improving and growing
- Act with highest integrity
- Be inclusive
- Bring a level of depth to a luxury beauty company that hasn’t been seen before
- Be customer obsessed
- Find thoughtful ways to give back to a community
- We love to have fun
You must LOVE people & product and be passionate about the importance of self-care. We are a fast paced, ever-changing environment so you must be flexible and roll with the punches. We are scaling quickly, which requires everyone on the team to be resourceful and innovative. If you’re proactive and have the mindset that no task is beneath you and no task is too big for you, you’ll fit right in!
This role is an in-person position, working closely with our customers and fostering relationships with our community. You must have reliable transportation and be able to commute to our location in downtown Phoenix and pop-up locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers and create an environment of inclusion and care
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors and brands within our shop
- Restock shelves & maintain proper inventory levels
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and products
- Open and close shop per our standard operating procedures
- Working and ideating pop-up concepts at store location and community locations
- Perform other tasks/projects that may arise
- Must have transportation
- Previous retail or sales experience
- Understand the basics of sales pitches
- Be a proactive problem solver and provide solutions
- Be resourceful, creative, willing to learn new things
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills
- Asana and Shopify knowledge preferred but not required.
Wages, Hours & Perks
- Part time – approx. 15-20 hours a week plus travel to pop-up locations, as needed
- Opportunity to grow into a larger position will be assessed as the business grows
- In person position
- Fun product and culture (lots of freebies!)
- Possible paid travel if able to do so (not required)
- Collaborative environment that values your perspective and ideas and encourages learning.
We’ll work great together if…
- You are reliable and timely
- You are down to earth and love people
- You are flexible and love to learn
- You are highly organized
- You are resourceful and a self-starter
- You think two steps ahead and are proactive
- You see tasks through to completion
- You value diversity
- You are a fast learner and have natural curiosity
- Always looking for new opportunities to grow the company
- You have great time management skills
- Able to anticipate needs and provide solutions
If you feel you are a good fit based on all of the above, please email us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.